Monday, November 30, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
1. Turkey or Ham? Definitely Turkey ... never been a Ham kinda girl ;)
2. Favorite side dish. Stuffing most certaintly .... or mashed potatoes, so hard to just choose one!
3. Favorite dessert. Pumpkin Pie of course!
4. Black Friday: Are you going or not? I will definitely be going! Can't miss out on the 1/2 price socks at Freddy's or the massive sale at the Nike Outlet Store!
5. If so, what's on the top of your list? See above ..... I'd realy like to say a new TV but I'm just not in the mood to deal with the electronic store (they always seem to be the worst on Black Friday!!)
6. Going out of town or staying close to home? Staying pretty close to home ..
7. Hosting or helping? Helping ... maybe one of these days I will be hosting!!
. Name one family tradition at Thanksgiving. Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade was a huge tradition as a child ... now we focus on the Football ;)
9. What do you do after dinner? Eat yummy desserts and put a game plan together for Black Friday!
10. What are you most thankful for this year? Hmmm ... there are MANY things I'm thankful for ... mainly my family, my friends, and my job. Without it I would've have been able to purchase my beautiful new home!!!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Posted by Angela at 5:35 PM
Monday, November 16, 2009
Well, this is my first attempt at a Friend Makin Monday post, which I found through my wonderful friend Liz and her friend Amber who is currently hosting FMM. Anyway, this week the question is to post a favorite recipe. This recipe was past to me from my sister in law's mom ... give it a try!!
1 box cornbread mix (I use Jiffy)
1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey if you are trying to be healthy)
1 tsp. dried oregano
3/4 cup Picante Sauce (I use Pace or any salsa works!)
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 16oz can corn
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 375. Cook hamburger and oregano, drain. Add rest of the ingredients to the hamburger. Once all the goodies are mixed together thoroughly, pour and cover entire bottom of pyrex dish. Prepare muffin mix as directed on box and spread over the top of the hamburger mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes and let cool for about 10 minutes. I usually sprinkle more cheese on top of the cornbread for some cheesy goodness!
Posted by Angela at 9:03 PM
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
A couple weeks ago, Halloween day to be exact, I had the opportunity to spend some time with some of my close friends from college. My good friend Jane, her husband, and their little one Liam made the trip up from San Diego to spend some time up here in Oregon. We made plans to go down to our old college stomping grounds in Corvallis and catch an OSU football game. There we met up with our other dear friend Anne and her husband. With it being Halloween, how perfect would it be that Jane dress little Liam up as a Beaver? (Oregon State's mascot nonetheless). WOW! Was he the hit of the football game or what! I've never seen so.many.people. ooohhing and awwwing over a costume! It was great! The weather was PERFECT and truly made me miss Corvallis in the Fall ... best of all we won the game! :) Here are some pictures of the great day!! Enjoy!
Liam was a HIT!