Monday, November 16, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday - Recipes

Well, this is my first attempt at a Friend Makin Monday post, which I found through my wonderful friend Liz and her friend Amber who is currently hosting FMM. Anyway, this week the question is to post a favorite recipe. This recipe was past to me from my sister in law's mom ... give it a try!!

*Cornbread Bake*

1 box cornbread mix (I use Jiffy)
1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey if you are trying to be healthy)
1 tsp. dried oregano
3/4 cup Picante Sauce (I use Pace or any salsa works!)
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 16oz can corn
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Cook hamburger and oregano, drain. Add rest of the ingredients to the hamburger. Once all the goodies are mixed together thoroughly, pour and cover entire bottom of pyrex dish. Prepare muffin mix as directed on box and spread over the top of the hamburger mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes and let cool for about 10 minutes. I usually sprinkle more cheese on top of the cornbread for some cheesy goodness!

6 comments:

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Yum, Ang, that sounds delicious!!! {And yay for comments!}

The Greenfields said...

Ang! Your blog is so cute!! What is this friend makin' Monday deal? BTW, the recipe does sound yummy! I just might need to try it!!

Angela said...

Thanks Jess! Glad you can finally leave comments ... I'm slowly figuring this blogging world out! :) To answer your question, check out my friend Liz's blog, and her friend Amber is currently hosting FMM ... its a neat idea with different topics each week! Here's Liz's blog ... take a peak!
http://www.sugarplumcreations.blogspot.com/

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.