Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Current Want ...


So now that I own my own home, I have found myself becoming obsessed with home decor magazines. Country Living, Southern Living, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Better Homes & Gardens, just to name a few... Anyway, I've had my eye on these lanterns from Pottery Barn for quite.some.time.now.
Cute, check. Perfect for my current decorating motif, check. Expensive, CHECK CHECK! I've gone rounds and rounds with trying to justify paying over $100 for these three little items and just can't find it in my budget currently. I told myself, Angela, you deserve these, you work hard, and go to school, but I still couldn't bring myself to take out the ole' Visa.
Yesterday, as a sudden turn of fate, after returning home from school where I got my grade back on my midterm I completely bombed, and being in a HORRIBLE mood, I checked the mail and what did I receive??? My very thoughtful old supervisor had sent me a congratulations card with a giftcard to Pottery Barn. How sweet!! I was so excited! Now I can get my lanterns after all ...

1 comments:

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Hi! I'm so glad you're back! Yes, we MUST plan a get together soon. It's been too long. I think Kara and I are going to try to plan something next month with all the girlies.

LOVE those lanterns! Can't wait to get a whole new house to decorate {though once all the money is spent on the building of the house, there probably won't be a penny left over to decorate with huh?} How awesome that you got a PB gift card! Isn't it great how God works?